Yesterday in between doing the laundry I decided to try my hand at free motion quilting on my "Party with Patrick" November embroidery project...PUMPKIN PATCH.
Of course I didn't follow all my sewing machine manual's instructions for free motion quilting.
I didn't change the switch plate nor the bobbin case.
However, I did use the same embroidery thread in the bobbin as the top thread.
I was pleased to see that the tension appeared ok on the bottom with my test piece.
So, I was good to go.
I quilted a looping vine with a leaf pattern.
I drew the pattern first in chalk on the fabric and followed it as best as I could for my first time free motion quilting (FMQ).
I was surprised how quickly the free motion quilting went.
I was done before I realized it.
Then was time to finish her up and put on the bias binding.
This time I wanted to sew the bias binding on the "Patrick Lose way" so I watched his video again which was very helpful.
And it worked beautiful.
Pumpkin Patch was done!
This morning I attended my sewing/vac store's monthly Embroidery Club where we learned how to embroider with fleece.
It's difficult to tell but there are two layers of stabilizer here (one under and one over this piece of minky fabric).
December's Embroidery Club's project will be sewing up a Christmas ornament.
I love anything with Christmas!
I changed out the picture frame of Ms. Skeleton for Mr. Turkey.
Most of our Halloween decorations are put away.
I just kept out ones that could also be used for Thanksgiving.
It's so cold here today.
I'm looking forward to warmer weather at Walt Disney World Florida!