Friday, March 25, 2011

Yummy Cotton Candy!


Pastel Colors...


More pastel colors...


Paths of color...


Glorious shades of color...


Yellow brick road...


Endless colors...


Ribbons of color...



My pretty border using double crochet and Edie Eckman's "Around The Corner Crochet Borders" patterns #109 and for the last round using #120's round 3 with a front post double crochet.  



The border corner.


Gentle folds of color...

Cotton Candy All Laid Out

I love the feel and look of my ripple throw.   

I blogged about Cotton Candy here and here previously.  

It took a little practice to get Lucy's neat ripple pattern down so the "hills" and "valleys" lined up correctly.  But once you master the stitch it is so easy.  And you know when you miss a stitch and it happens but all you have to do is frog back to the error and fix it.   


Cotton Candy Throw

I may just leave it hanging here it looks so pretty!

Perhaps I may give this one away as a gift or maybe not.  

My Crocheted Throws


And here is Cotton Candy added to my pile of crocheted throws.  

I keep thinking about red and white ripple stripes and how Christmasy that would be....


Please join me for:

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show of Your Cottage Monday


Welcome to Beverly's Pink Saturday .  Click on her link to see more PINK!

25 comments:

  1. Lovely indeed, great border.
    I "got" the ripple once I worked out what the "row below" should look like as I went along, found I easily kept a check rather than needing to count.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful colours, very pretty indeed !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how I feel about naming the "blanket". Perfect name. Love the colors you picked. Stunning. What's next?...he-he..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum Yum Yum...your Cotton Candy throw is simply divine!! Fantastic stitchwork, delightful colours & great photos...I want one :-D

    xxh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful!! My sister used to crochet these types of afghans!Your colors are exquisite!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sew pretty looks to be a good size too!
    I love the purples and yellows... reminds me of the outdoors right now, more than cotton candy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your yarn colors and style are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What can I say?? Stunning colours.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Pink Saturday.....so fun to join in all the Pinkness...I pray for God to bless each one of you...giving you peace and strength...enjoy the day!
    Kandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow they are just gorgeous! The combination of the colors are amazing! Happy Pink Saturday!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply gorgeous :)
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors you've chosen, it looks very feminine and pretty. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I simply love all the colour combination, you have such an a eye for beauty.
    Have a lovely weekend dear Sandy,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy PS!! Lovely Cotton Candy Ripples!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely beautiful...if you want to give this one away I'll take it...just my colors.....love it. Happy PS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful colors!

    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colours. This looks so warm and cosy. Nice job! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to make something so pretty. Impressive!!! :D I also like your mosaic for Mosaic Monday!!!

    (((hugs))),
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooooo!!! Pretty, Sandy!! Love the Eastery, pasteliness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Muito linda a combinação de cores.
    Parabéns.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very beautiful work very talented lady .My mother used to make the ripple pattern ,before she passed somebody in the family got the pattern but nobody is not going to say who got it I wish I did cause i want to make one ,I have seem the wavr ripple but that not yet ,do you have tutorial to share if you don't mind me asking . You do beautiful work colors are great ,keep up the good work .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anonymous! I don't have a tutorial but you can click on the link in this post to go to the ripple pattern. It's from Lucy at Attic24. She has a blog and shares most of her crochet patterns. This is her ripple pattern. Ripples aren't hard to do once you get the swing of it and they have a lovely feel to them.

      Delete