Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Kimberbell Watermelon Table Topper & Screened In Porch

 


This project sat unfinished for about two years.  I finally decided it is time to finish it.

I sandwiched it with top, batting and back fabrics, squared it up and started sewing on the binding.

Only to realize I forgot to quilt it. 

LOL!


What really makes this topper POP is the theme appropriate fabrics.

Whole watermelons, red and white checks with cute little ants and red backed fabric with the black watermelon seeds add so much personality to the topper.

All the fabrics came from my quilting cousin’s fabric closet.


    
I used my Janome 15000 embroidery/sewing machine to quilt it.  A little straight line quilting and free motion quilting.

I have about seven different table toppers done so far.  

My next one I’m working on is a November (pumpkin) table topper.

We’re still having summer weather here in Ohio.

Even today it is currently 81 degrees out.





A couple more weeks and I will have to think about breaking down my screened in porch.

I purchased a storage box to use to store the porch furniture cushions over the winter rather than storing them in my spare bedrooms.

I move all the porch furniture together in a corner and cover it all with huge painter’s cloths for protection from dirt and pollen over winter.  

I also roll up the outdoor rug and cover it too.  

So far that system has worked out well.  

As much as I like Fall, I dislike all the leaves in my gutters.


You can see the huge tall trees and they produce “millions“ of leaves in the fall and early winter.

We are lucky to have woods behind us although someday soon there are plans to build 28 homes there.

I hope they leave some trees as a barrier.

Some parts are considered “wet lands” and they have building restrictions.

So, I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

So, are you ready for Fall?






1 comment:

  1. That table topper is adorable!. Enjoy the trees while you can. We hated to clean the gutters 2 times a year between maple helicopters and leaves, but we lost the trees to old age a couple of years back, and I would love to get that shade back.

    ReplyDelete