Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tropical Delight Flower & Decor


First a Tropical Delight flower.

This was a challenge.

I had trouble on round 7 (dark sage leaves) and 8 (autumn red buds) but after frogging many times I figured out I crocheted the leaves wrong.  Once I got them right round 8 fell into place.

I have round 9 still to do (in dark sage).


This flower is just so beautiful.

And once you understand it it isn't difficult to crochet.


Of course I'm crocheting it in Christmas colors.

I also love it with blue yarn too.


This out of print pattern can be found (here) along with fantastic photo tutorial by Laurel Craft (here). 

My Ravelry project page with my details is (here).


Now onto the our decor

I'm having fun working our designer, Susan, on our window treatments.

She was assigned to us by our builder while we were having our home built.

She's been wonderful to work with and has become a dear friend.


Susan helped me with selecting our custom drapes and fabric shades for our bedroom windows.

This fabric shade is in our lower level bedroom.

This is an egress window that allows firefighters to get in and home owners out in case of a fire.

I had all the window treatments lined with black out fabric.


This is the fabric I chose for our Master Bedroom triple window.


And here is how it looks with the sheers.

A nice dark room in the morning.


I selected two sheer panels for our Great Room triple window.

I love the vine design on it.


And here is how the sheer panels look in the Great Room.  

We had motorized cellular shades installed on most of the windows in our home.

Boy are they nice.

We also put drapes and sheers in another bedroom.

Photos for that room will come later.

Now I have to think how I want the remaining windows done.

I'm thinking of maybe white fabric with a touch of red panels in the dinette/hearth room and white fabric with a touch of blue panels in the dining room.

Not sure what to put in Hubby's Den. 

My Hubby's brother, his wife and their son emptied out our last storage unit and moved all our boxes and stuff into our home last night. 

It was such a big help to us.

So, we still have some boxes to unpack…more knick knacks, vases and my collections.

But I can take my time.

There is no hurry. 

Thanks for visiting.

I will be taking a little break from blogging but I will be back.  

  

16 comments:

  1. So glad your lovely home is coming together so well for you. It looks really lovely. How is the outside going? Do you have lawn down and growing in the warm weather? We are off on holidays in France in 7 weeks ( can't wait ! ), so have a good break but come back soon. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drapes are so beautiful, Sandy. I have been out of the blogging loop but am managing to visit a few here and there today. How nice that the builder assigns a decorator. Wow! That is a classy builder. Things are coming along nicely over there in Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy,
    Your curtains are beautiful! I have been going thru the same thing, trying to decide on style and fabric for our new home. Today we are headed out to look at custom curtains. Gary wanted motorized shades too, but we ended up with shutters on most of our windows.
    You are right, take your time in unpacking and decorating. I am still moving things around here. Gary's office is a den so our builder did not put a door on. We have purchased a door and our daughters boyfriend Paul is going to design the entry into the den/Gary's office. Can't wait since hubby's office is often messy!
    Have a wonderful weekend, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your curtains are beautiful. When we moved in here a year and a half ago, I bought what I could find locally and have been wanting to up grade, but there is still so many things that need our attention that curtains and shades will have to wait. Buying a fixer-upper can be a money spender . . . but we are slowing making it home. Your crochet work is wonderful . . . I would love to learn that, but I'm a hands-on visual learner and would need a friend that could do it to sit beside me and teach. I did teach myself knitting from a book, but I never have been able to pick up crochet.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Your blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, is it true what I read on Pammy Sue's Blog today? Are you alright? What is happening?
    You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is true Meredith. My heart is broken and I'm taking it one day at a time now. The joy has gone out of my life. I can't blog now. But I do appreciate your reaching out to me dear friend.

      Delete
  6. Thinking of you and praying for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear the news. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Checking in...sending you hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow digital flower looking beautiful and this best decorating. Thanks for sharing.

    clipping path service
    clipping path
    color correctoin service

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, I love your blog, it is beauty, I love crochet, I follow your blog, I have a blog about crochet with free patterns and free crochet diagrams, visit me , hugs from Brazil.
    Visite meu blog - Tita Carré - Crochet

    ReplyDelete
  11. I gotta bookmark this website it seems extremely helpful very useful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is lovely decorating and designing think. I really impress your work.
    360 Digitizing Solutions

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the nice work and lovely curtains and designs.
    Thanks for the sharing things.
    Win Digitizing

    ReplyDelete