Friday, March 13, 2015

Busy As A Bee

(Update:  this is a post I drafted on March 14, 2015.  Since then we have moved!)

It's been 15 years since we last moved.  In that time we got more STUFF.   Lots more STUFF.  


We have sorted, cleaned, organized as much as we could...and managed to fill two storage units.  One unit in PA and one in OH with STUFF we didn't want to leave to the movers.  


We had to get another smaller second storage unit in Ohio for the overflow.  Family has been wonderful helping us - Hubby has the best twin brothers!


Even with doing all that ourselves along with the twins much needed help we didn't pack our kitchen or China cabinets.  It's amazing what one can collect in over 40 plus years of marriage.   


The packers are here today (March 14) and tomorrow.  Then a day of rest before the loaders come for two days.  And finally a day of travel to move us and all our STUFF from PA to OH next week.  


In between trips back to Ohio for walk throughs and closing of the new home last month we have had several contractors in our current home to repair and upgrade some items.  All of that is done and just in time. 


We upgraded our PA kitchen with new granite countertops, a huge deep stainless steel sink and a new stainless steel stove.  We had the island counter top extended out several inches to accommodate stools.  It looks beautiful.  Hubby and I are amazed how nice it is and wondered why we waited until moving to do this.  I'll have to share more photos of the upgraded kitchen soon but here's a peek at the new sink granite countertop.

  Here's a view of our PA kitchen with the new GE stainless steel stove.  I only used the cook top once.  The oven steam cleans which I had never even heard of before.  Apparently after using each use you steam clean it so it's always nice and clean.  I was pleased to find a 30 inch range with four gas burners and a griddle!  Too bed I never got to use it.  


I caught the guy putting up our FOR SALE sign yesterday.  I guess that makes it final.  It's bitter sweet to leave here...wonderful community and neighbors and friends!


We're arranging to professionally stage the house after we move.  We just didn't want to deal with open houses and people coming through while trying to pack and move out.  Houses have been selling well in our community so we are keeping our fingers crossed ours will sell quickly too.  


 It may be awhile before I post again once we move.  I'm not sure how long it will take to get cable and Internet hooked up in OH.  

(Update:  It's taking FOREVER to get cable and Internet at our new home in Ohio.  They aren't installing it until Friday!  Meanwhile we dug in our boxes to get some DVDs out to have something to watch.  And our sister-in-law has dropped off DVDs from our local library.   So the only internet we have in through our cell phones.)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy, I can't believe the upgrades. Your new stove sounds wonderful, I like the idea of steam cleaning. In a strange way, I miss you. Weird, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm catching up with you!
    I love the new kitchen in your old place... I hope the next owners are equally as fond of it as you are...even though you didn't get to use it. :/
    saw the Easter pics of the new house... the quick holiday decor, the flat screen and the announcement that you have internet now! ...PRIORITIES...RIGHT?! ;)

    ReplyDelete