Sunday, March 7, 2021

March is here!


 

It’s been awhile since I posted.  I’ve been busy with projects around the house.  Another garage door sensor died on me.  So I had to order a new one.  And now the garage door keypad isn’t working either.  Then last week while cleaning out my refrigerator I noticed one of the lights is out and the other light panel is broken.  The ice crush feature has been out for a good year so I guess it is time to schedule the GE service.  


Meanwhile I’ve been going through boxes that we moved here six years ago.  My hubby shedded so much before our move.  But I’m trying to sort through stuff and decutter what I don’t need to keep.  Right now the focus is the office.  I’m getting there but it’s not done yet.  I jammed my shedder and managed to clear out the mess but it still didn’t work until I realized I had to put the bucket back in.  One job taken care of and then to fix my label maker.  I put a roll of labels in crooked and jammed it too.  I managed to clear the label out and it printed labels that were in the queue but when I tried to print new labels it wouldn’t print.  I may need to uninstalled the program and reinstall it.  Ugh!


We have had a week of colder weather but warmer temperatures are on the way.  I can’t wait for spring!  You probably have seen my photos of my screened in porch.  I love it.  But I’m finding it harder to clean it every season and break it down and set it up as I get older.  So, I’m exploring turning it into a 3 or 4 season room.  Put some heat out there and maybe air conditioning too but have windows I can open to get that screened in porch in the summer time that I love.  


I haven’t had time recently to sew, quilt  or crochet.  But I am reading every day.  I streamed a British series called “Inspector Gently” that I enjoyed so much I decided to read the books (author is Alan Hunter) it was based on.  There are 46 books in the series.  I’ve ordered about 15 of them and have read half so far.  


It was chilly out today but tomorrow is forecasted for a high of 57 degrees with the week in the 40s and 50s.  The birds will be chirping.  I’m ready for Spring!


I put away my Polish Pottery Christmas mugs today.  My cousin gifted me the cute shamrock Polish Pottery mug!  St. Patrick’s Day is a bittersweet one.  My Mom loved celebrating St. Patrick’s Day.  She passed away 30 years ago this coming St. Patrick’s Day.

My niece has lived with me the last three years.  And last December her sweetheart moved in too.  I lived alone for the first two years here after my hubby passed away except when my BIL and his wife stayed with me the first few months.  I had never lived alone in my life.  I lived at home until I went to college and had roommates there until I married.  This is such a different life now.  I miss being with my hubby and taking care of him.  It’s all the little things.  He never had a chance to see our dream home all settled with all the boxes unpacked and the landscaping completed.  I don’t understand why I’m here and he isn’t.  He was such a good, kind man.  It seems all evil ones live long.  

Sunday is ending.  The sun has set.  Another day tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Its my birthday on St. Patrick's day. My second name is Patricia. It's nice to see the brighter days appearing. It's quite cold in the UK at the moment, but it has been bright the last few days. I'm looking forward to some warmer days and being able to have my family visit in the garden at the end of the month.

    I know how you are feeling about your husband not being there with you to enjoy your lovely home.

    My husband will never meet our newest grandson who was born in November, which makes me very sad.

    I'm looking forward to being able to hold him for the first time after I've had my second vaccination in May.

    I've had a lot of electricals giving up too. I took my printer, micro-wave oven, coffee machine and hi-fi down to my car today ready to drop off at the tip tomorrow.
    Loving your quilting. We don't decorate for St. Patrick's Day here.
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia! I’m so sorry your hubby didn’t get to see his newest grandson. And Happy St. Patrick’s Day Birthday to you! I don’t put out too much decorations for St. Patrick’s Day just a few items. Usually I’m in Florida with my cousin during this holiday but with COVID 19 I didn’t go this winter. I love decorating for Easter though and have more items to put out. Good Luck with your electronics. Unfortunately the days of appliances etc. lasting for decades is over with the cheap stuff they produce now. Thanks for visiting with me all the way from the UK. Loved touring your wonderful country in 2013!

      Delete