Thursday, July 31, 2014

HO, HO, HO...

Yesterday I was sewing up a storm working on another "Christmas in July" project. 


See the cute "Ho!" printed fabric I used for the ornament!

This one was part of our sewing store's "Party for Patrick" project entitled "HO, HO, HO", another adorable mini wall hanging from Patrick Lose.  


This time I decided to sew all the fabric background pieces together first and then machine appliqué the white squares.


I love the fabrics I chose in non-traditional red, white and GRAY!  


As usual I printed out the patterns in their actual size using my TruEmbroidery software applications to help me position the appliqués on their squares.   

Once the designs were downloaded into my sewing machine, I reduced the size of the HO squares by 10% just to be on the safe side that the designs would fit inside the white squares with no problems. 


All the squares are appliquéd.  

I used white thread for "stitching in the ditch" around the white squares.  



And I used a decorative stitch (#64) on my Jamone for quilting the red fabric around the white squares.  

Wait until you see the back!  

I used that stitch there too. 
   
Sorry the photos are so dark!  There's no natural light in my sewing room.

Today I hope to square up the wall hanging front with the back, stitch it together and cut and sew on the binding.  

I decided to use the gray fabric for the binding.

That will add the wow factor to this wall hanging.  

Stay tuned for the final project.  


Sew true!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great so far! Looking forward to seeing it in its entirety hanging on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just so cute!
    I can't believe it's August already...and Christmas in July...flew right by.
    It all sneaks up on me...I love this little wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did here! I wish I was as talented as you are. What a fun design and a great time of the year to start on this project. I love reading your blog and learning how to do so many different things, thanks for sharing. :) ~Susan~

    ReplyDelete