Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bloomin' Flower Cushion Update

Front

Second try coming along...

Blogged about (here)

Back

I found it helps to use my markers to "mark" every five stitches for the flowers.


Front - Two more rounds done correctly

Marking the rounds helped but I also found out why my first one went wrong on the dark burgundy round.  When I printed out the pattern our printer was running very low on color ink.  I didn't realize that some of the text was in red ink rather than black.   The red text didn't come through at all so I missed those stitches completely.   That's corrected...now I'm cooking with gas. 

Back - with markers

I'm pleased so far.

As this cushion grows I will probably run out of markers but hopefully by then I won't need them as much.

I'm using left over yarn.

Now to choose my next colors!



Please join me for:

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
                                Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
                                          Wendy at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday



8 comments:

  1. I am glad you figured out what the problem was. I think it looks good already, love the colors you've chosen so far. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty colors you have chosen!! It has been forever since I picked up a crochet hook but I might just have to try these!!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your crocheted pillow cover. I happen to have made one of those, in fact I have made several. They are so fun to make. Love the colors you are using. Can't wait to see the finished project. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is looking great Sandy. Glad you found the problem so you could get it right.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lookin' good! I loved your "Blooming Bloody Flower Cushion" comment on your first post about it. Hee-hee. I missed that the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking good and I am pleased you have sorted out the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is looking really nice.
    I bought mine its feather inner today, not sure if it is a bit big (looks rather a fat cushion!) I think it needs a bit of pounding to settle it down.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my, such prettiness! You make me want to go and grab some yarn and my crochet hook!!!

    ReplyDelete